ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stephen Brand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 15:12:21 -0500

Kendra (and others),

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but in working on my
doctoral research I have come across an interesting web based survey
tool.  It is very inexpensive to use and when someone gets the url, they
can go to the site answer the questions (in any format you design) and
you get the data in summary form or you can download the results in
excel and evenutally SPSS or another statistical software package for
more detailed analysis.  You can take a look at this tool at
surveymoney.com. I know the name is strange, but the price is right, it
is very easy to input your survey and use and I've seen this being used
by a number of academics recently. I just entered a a survey yesterday
to see how it works and to analyze some data before I risk it with my
own survey instrument.  Feel free to go there and take the survey so you
see how it can be used.  These questions were just taken from a Gallup
survey I've seen recently.

If you use this for HS students you can ask teachers who agree to
participate to provide the students with the url and they can fill out
the survey at school or home on line.

Here is the link

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?A=15431690E2197

Note that all of your responses will be totally
confidential and I will
not even know that you have responded.  I am not able
to track your
involvement.

If you want to see the results after, you can click
here.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/Report.asp?U=31004463712

Thanks,

Stephen Brand