ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Alice Enevoldsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 12:27:35 -0800

Dear Colleagues,

As global warming and climate change are the current hot topics in the
science museum world, I'm writing an interactive live science
demonstration on that subject.

Has anyone done this (or something similar) already? I'm aware of some
of the multitude of resources available (e.g. IGLO,
GlobalWarmingEducation.com, NOAA, NASA) and the places they point, but I
haven't yet seen anyone with a demo lead by a presenter.

I would appreciate any resources you can point me at, including:
finished demos, demos in the works, flashy tricks explaining basic
concepts, or your idea of the key concept behind global warming. If
you're in progress on one yourself, I'd be interested in a discussion.

My demo will be 20 minutes long, lead by a single science presenter, on
a stage for an audience of 15-100. The tambor will be upbeat, loud, and
fun, and the demo will include volunteers from the audience, but most
people will watch, participating with their voices and not their hands.

Reply to me off-list: [log in to unmask]

Thank you,

Alice Enevoldsen

Pacific Science Center

Discovering the Dead Sea Scrolls Interpreter Actor Coordinator