ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mary Nucci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2013 18:36:44 +0000

The Museum Screens Community of Practice is open for business and is looking for members who are interested in giant screens, domes, planetariums and other immersive museum screens. Possible goals for the CoP are:

    • Defining the educational criteria for giant and immersive screen films.
    • Promoting the importance of evaluation as an integral part of film development.
    • Disseminating giant and immersive screen research and evaluation results through publications, webinars, social media, and presentations at association meetings.
    • Establishing connections between research and practitioners.
    • Creating the infrastructure for collaborative research proposals.
    • Encouraging and mentoring new researchers, educators and exhibitors in giant and immersive screens.

We held our first meeting at ASTC in October, where we talked about some first steps we might take as a group:

    • submitting sessions for ASTC 2014 [ DONE!!]
    • hosting webinars on topics of interest to the Museum Screens Community (such as case studies on how people engage with immersive screens and updates on research on immersive technologies)
    • blogging about museum screens

If this is of interest to you, please sign up at community.astc.org and help direct the future activities of the Museum Screen CoP.