ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 16:03:04 -0400

I just want to thank Charlie and Martin for that article.  I thought
it was a very insightful synthesis, bridging the gap between those of
us with a scientific explanation of evolution and the near majority
of American's who do not accept that explanation.  I think the
authors formulation encourages us to recognize the humanity and
intellectual capacity of those who do not accept the scientific
explanation, and alleviates some of the condescension, if not
outright contempt, for those who don't share the scientific
understanding of the world.

Eric Siegel
New York Hall of Science
(718) 699-0005 x 317