ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mel Drumm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 13:24:32 -0500

On behalf of the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum and the NSF-funded Great Lakes Climate Change Science and Education Systemic Network team, I invite our ASTC colleagues to join an online workshop on Great Lakes Climate Change Science and Education, running November 7-25, 2011.

Workshop highlights include:
- Webinar with scientists about climate change in the Great Lakes, followed by several days of open Q&A between scientists and participants.
- Webinars on Great Lakes Climate Literacy and climate change resources available to educators
- Resource room for you to post and find climate change resources
- Focused discussions on the current state of climate change education. Your input will go directly towards designing tools and resources to support climate change education in the Great Lakes.
- Networking with educators (formal and informal) and scientists interested in climate change.
- Opportunity to receive 1 graduate credit for participation.

What's the workshop all about? This workshop will provide a wide variety of resources on climate change science and education, as well as interactive and facilitated online reflective conversations about climate change issues in the Great Lakes. The purposes of the workshop are to:
- Connect the scientific research community directly with the education community to provide information about research findings and issues about climate change in the Great Lakes;
- Solicit feedback from educators through an online focus group format about their use of and need for climate change curriculum and resources;
- Enhance and expand a network of scientists, educators of all levels, and others interested in climate change science research and education in the Great Lakes region.

How do I sign up? To join the workshop, simply visit http://www.coexploration.org/CCEP-GL/ and follow the instructions on the right side of the page to log in or register.

Who's invited? The workshop is geared towards participants in the Great Lakes region but anyone is welcome to participate. It is targeted to informal educators, plus middle school and high school teachers, but participation is welcome from educators of all levels, including curriculum developers, government agency representatives, policy makers, non-profit organizations, museum professionals, university faculty and university students as well as other interested members of the public.

Can I invite other people? Yes! Please forward this announcement to anyone you think may be interested in this workshop. The more voices we bring together, the better.

When and where do I participate? The workshop runs November 7-25, 2011. It will take place online asynchronously, so you can participate from anywhere, at any time. Visit http://www.coexploration.org/CCEP-GL/ to register.

Please feel free to contact Erin Gong at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with questions.  We thank you for your participation in this project!