ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"(Jeremy Stone)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:00:59 -0400

Hi,

I'm not sure if this would relate but we have shied away from using glycerin in our bubble exhibits over the last few years after discovering that it tended to build up in the various lines and eventually cause clogs or reduced flow over time.  We have been using a diluted Dawn or Lemon Joy solution with excellent results.  We use 3 gallons of water mixed with 1 cup of Dawn Ultra or 3 gallons of water mixed with 1 and 1/2 cups of Joy Ultra.  I know that many groups swear by glycerin but this is what has worked best for us.

Jeremy

Jeremy Stone
Exhibits and Facilities Manager
WonderLab Museum