ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tom Sofer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2013 00:30:10 +0300

I have recently participated in a hackathon involving the 89$ neurosky
headset (single point EEG). one of my team mates was a biomedical
engineering grad student specializing in BCI (brain computer interfaces).
he did an evaluation of the headset and concluded it mainly differentiates
dominance of alpha/beta waves, meaning if you close your eyes and relax,
there will usually be a measurable increase in alpha activity. while this
is practically useless on a research perspective, it gives people a nice
experience.

in my personal experience demonstrating the project for a full day in a
conference, it gave a strong and highly repeatable indication of the
"closed-eyes-relaxed" state in most subjects, but not all. even the
conference catering staff came and started a discussion about ADHD,
nedication, and biofeedback

Tom Sofer
FabLab Project coordinator
MadaTech, National Museum of Science and
Technology<http://www.madatech.org.il/Pages/MenuItemPage.aspx?ObjectMenu=35>
Haifa, Israel
Phone - 972-524-277774
Skype: tomsofer1

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 12:17 AM, Richard O Brown <[log in to unmask]

--
תום סופר
רכז פרויקט פאב-לאב<http://www.madatech.org.il/Pages/MenuItemPage.aspx?ContentItem=2456>