ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Becky Matthews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:54:46 -0600

Another poll from Kris:

The Adventure Science Center in Nashville, TN is considering reinventing our Store. Renamed The Supply Room, it would sell the usual small items for students on field trips as well as logo and other customized items. However, we would like to feature more solid and substantial science content in the form of materials, kits, and references.

For those Science Centers who have a store, we have several questions.

1.	Are you currently selling science supplies for teachers or students OR kits for teachers, students, or families?

2.	If so, please give examples of materials you sell and their price points.

3.	What percentage of your store sales is attributed to science supplies as opposed to other types of merchandise?

4.	Do you have any partnerships with science suppliers such as Fisher or Carolina?

Feel free to cut and paste this into your reply and insert your answers after my questions.

Any and all input would be much appreciated.

Kris McCall, Director
Sudekum Planetarium
Adventure Science Center
Nashville, TN