ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 16 May 2007 13:07:32 -0400

Wayne,

We use a digital playback device for an exhibit about how to make a 9-1-1
call. It's small, has no moving parts, and is hooked to a phone receiver by
a cord (think pay phone with earpiece only). When not in use, the receiver
hangs on a magnetic metal bracket. Whenever the receiver is hung up, the
magnet resets the recording to the beginning so visitors will not pick up in
the middle of the recording. If you can get your program on a flashcard
instead of a CD, this should do what you need it to.

Contact me off line if you want more info.

Rob Fox
Associate Director/Director of Education
Da Vinci Science Center
3145 Hamilton Blvd. Bypass
Allentown, PA 18103
484-664-1002 x116