ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:45:49 -0500

Knowing Our Past, Shaping Our Future: What’s Next for Visitor Studies?

As the VSA conference celebrates its 25th anniversary, we invite you to join us in reflecting on our past, celebrating our achievements, and envisioning how our current work can transform the future of cultural institutions and their communities. Visitor Studies has grown from a passionate group of research-practitioners to a burgeoning field that includes cultural leaders, designers, funders, and policy-makers. In this milestone year, VSA will discuss how visitor studies can help shape and support the role of museums within our increasingly diverse and complex societies.

The 2012 conference will offer a dynamic environment to engage with those who created VSA’s past and contribute to charting VSA’s future. Keynote speakers include Dan Spock from the Minnesota Historical Society and Alison Kadlec from Public Agenda. Evening events will take us to a variety of North Carolina’s best cultural institutions.

Register now and learn more!

http://visitorstudies.org/conference-overview/conference-registration

Early bird registration closes on May 18, so don’t delay!

Apologies for cross-posting