ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eli Kuslansky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2012 18:30:39 -0500

I think it is also a matter of who the target audience is and what the
intention of the space is. I believe there is a transformation going
on in science centers as evident by the introduction of makers space.
I do believe that this is an opportunity to attract and address the
needs of an expanded audience, such as teens and adults. I also
believe that these programs would shift science centers traditional
roles in society.

I would like to do an informal survey of how many Makers programs
exist or are in development. Does anyone know?