ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Ryan, Carol J MVS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:34:38 -0600

Jennie - Hope this helps.  We are a very small science-type museum with a
very limited budget.  But we still want to provide fresh programs to our
visitors - about 100,000/year.

1.  Would be better to make exhibits available by the interactive rather than
the square footage.  Then a muaeum can either place them interspersed with
their current exhibits or in a separate area.  And rent them as funds allow.

2. For a small museum - anything from $200 to $1000 per interactive wouldn't
be unreasonable.

3. Three to four periods a year is better - 3 month rental periods would be
ideal.

Carol Ryan
Interpretive Services & Outreach Program Leader
Rivers Project Office/National Great Rivers Museum
PO Box 337
Alton, IL  62002
(618) 462-6979