ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rae Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rae Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 11:35:48 -0700

Hello,
I am the director of a small and fairly new nature center and
discovery museum in Crescent City, Ca.  We are in need of some hands
on exhibits to fill some space we have acquired.  I am looking for
temporary to permanent, small exhibits or displays that we can use in
the interim while we plan for the space.  We have mainly animal
exhibits and bio fact stations.  We also have some displays and hands
on activities about rocks and minerals, insect vision and life cycles.
 I want to add some physical science interactives as well.

My question is, does anyone have old, out dated stuff they don't use
anymore that might be useful for us as we are starting out and just
getting our feet wet?  I could pay for exhibits if they aren't too
much, of course that is relative so we can talk off list about the
specifics.

So, please, dig into your back rooms, closets, etc., and see if you
have any models, exhibits, displays or other things you would be
willing to part with. I really appreciate it!

Rae Alexander
Director
North Coast Nature Center
Crescent City, California