ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Amber Inwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2013 16:34:18 -1000

Aloha all,
As part of the Bishop Museum NASA funded 'Celestial Islands' project, we
are collaborating with 6 Elementary teachers state wide to develop a 3-5th
grade, standards aligned curriculum. As the teachers are geographically
separated, we are wanting to set up a good online collaborative tool which
will double for project management. Ideally the tool will allow the Museum
to collaborate with  at minimum the following abilities: File, video and
image sharing, member profile, discussion forums, scheduling (calendar),
project timeline and task management, brainstorming, web conferencing etc.

The 6 member teacher team as well as other project partners have suggested
Ecommons, Elluminate, Basecamp, Ning, Blackboard and WebEx given their
limitations with the DOE system. Further to this, we would like to use the
tool to collaborate/provide access for our with our project partners
(experts in the field) who are both in informal education (Museum) and
NASA.

Any advice/feedback on the above programs as a project online
collaborative tool, or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo
Amber

Amber Inwood
Senior Educator