ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Walter Staveloz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 09:42:06 -0400

Dear colleagues and friends,

ASTC's IGLO initiative has established a partnership with the producers of
the "Live Earth" concert events taking place on July 7 in eight major cities
around the world. If you visit the Live Earth web site, there's a link to
the IGLO site on the international partners:
http://www.liveearth.org/partners_messaging.php

In addition to the concert audiences, Live Earth expects to reach millions
more via its simulcast on the web.  This is a great opportunity for science
centers to reach new audiences and help raise public awareness of IGLO by
offering special activities to visitors on July 7. You can participate in
many ways, including:

*        Publicize your July 7 IGLO events via local media and your web site

*        Show the concert live at your museum

*        Show Al Gore's film, An Inconvenient Truth, or any other film on
global warming (you may find an idea for a film in the list that is provided
in the IGLO Toolkit at:
http://atmospheres.gsfc.nasa.gov/iglo/images_toolkit/polar_cinematography_05
1207.pdf

*         Organize an activity or demonstration from the Toolkit.  You will
find many that are quick and easy to do with a large group at
www.astc.org/iglo.

We will post a list of science center activities for Live Earth on the IGLO
web site, so please send us a description of your plans as soon as possible.
We'll include links to your site.  In return we ask you to use the IGLO logo
when you announce your activities on your web site and in the media and to
create a link from your web site to the IGLO web page. Visit
www.astc.org/iglo/getinvolved.htm where you will find the logo and
instructions for its use.

With your participation, our partnership with Live Earth will bring
recognition to IGLO as a major international initiative and to science
centers as valued local sources of informal learning about global warming.
We hope to have you all on board for this timely opportunity.

Walter Staveloz

Walter Staveloz
Director, International Relations
Association of Science-Technology Centers
1025 Vermont Avenue NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005-6310, USA
+1 202/783-7200 x118
Cell: +1 202/492 8253