ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eli Kuslansky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2013 13:13:01 -0500

I think the way for small museums to address the expense of floor
staff would be to develop these spaces in partnerships with either
existing partners or new and non-traditional ones. Then the expense of
staff could be shared across organizations.

It also seems that the point of Maker's spaces is not as much only about
learning, although that is a significant factor, but about "making",
creating, inventing. It is a different paradigm. Learning with a
tangible results. This paradigm will eventually shift the way museums
and science centers operate.