ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Paul Orselli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:49:14 -0400

With all due respect, please don't do this.  It's incredibly
wasteful, and there are alternative activities.
Plastic film canisters are going the way of the dodo egg.  That's the
breaks.  Adjust (dare I say evolve) and come up with alternatives:

For example, there are other small plastic flip top/pop top lids that
products come in (such as mini M&Ms that Lynn mentioned.)

Also, what about: soda bottle water rockets charged with a bike pump,
Mentos and soda demo, launching soda straw rockets from an
AlkaSeltzer charged small soda bottle with a fixed launch tube on the
bottle top,
Stomp Rocket type toys, match and aluminum foil rockets.

All of the above are described and/or sold at the science supplier
sites and in many science experiment books.

Good Luck!

On Jun 24, 2006, at 10:18 AM, Steve Fentress wrote, in part:

> Michelle's post about her search for Fuji film canisters tempts me to
> wonder whether it might be more economical to go to Wal-Mart, buy a
> bunch
> of Fuji 8-packs, throw out the film and keep the canisters.

Paul Orselli ~ Inspiring Exhibit Ideas

Paul Orselli Workshop (POW!)
1684 Victoria Street
Baldwin, NY  11510