ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Douglas Heuser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2010 13:40:35 -0500

We have the advantage of having painted wood floors so we can (and do)
lag-bolt exhibits, barriers etc. right to the floor.  For semi-permanent
(but movable) fencing we use iron pipe screwed into "T" joints and flanges
that zip into the floor.  We feed the pipe through colored pool hose before
we attach it to the "T" joints.  It is very colorful, durable, washable and
it provides a bit of cushioning.   We set the height at about 2 feet.

Douglas Heuser
Executive Director
SEE Science Center