ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Karen Reeds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2011 11:57:42 -0400

On any background reading list for teachers, parents, or kids, I'd
urge including this young-adult fiction:
Finch Goes Wild, by Janet Gingold (Blue Works, Port Orchard,
Washington, 2007, paperback isbn 978-1-59092-385-6
http://www.amazon.com/Finch-Goes-Wild-Janet-Gingold/dp/1590923855

Seventh-grader Harmon Finch grows interested in birds in spite of
himself (and his name). His conversion and its wider consequences for
him at home and school ring true.  A good read!

Karen

--
Karen Reeds, PhD, FLS
Visiting Scholar, History and Sociology of Science, University of Pennsylvania