ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Martin Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2011 19:36:16 -0400

Chuck

Interesting result:

According to Rajani, “Fundamentally, the problem was that you
don’t want visitors to a hands-on science museum to have one hand limited by
holding a device.”

A number of years Alan Friedman at the New York Hall of Science developed an
audio tour for our hands on exhibits an solved this problem by suggesting
you press pause, release the device (it could be hung from the neck with a
strap), do the activity and when finished press pause again to continue the
tour. The description then picked up with a discussion of what the visitor
should have seen and done. So there really should be no limitation if the
visitor has proper instructions.

Martin

Martin Weiss, PhD
Senior Scientist