ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Timberlake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 12:17:13 -0400

Worth checking out is MC Hawking, at www.mchawking.com, but be
forewarned, some (most?) people will find a lot of it *extremely*
offensive.

"Entropy," MC Hawking's version of Naughty By Nature's "O.P.P." is
probably the least offensive and most scientific of the songs. Reading
the lyrics is not the same experience as hearing the song, but
unfortunately the MP3 is no longer available for download on their site.
You can hear a sample of "Entropy" on Amazon, where one of MC Hawking's
CDs is for sale.

Please, no flames--I'm not advocating that we spread the word about
science in this fashion, I just think it's something that informal
science educators may find interesting.