ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"(Aly Busse)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 14:24:42 -0800

Hello!

I'm interested in putting together a session about events or practices
that contribute toward developing personal, lasting and
retention-oriented relationships with our museums' members and/or youth
program participant families.

We reach out to our sponsors and donors with private events,
personalized mailings, etc., but might not provide the same experiences
at the member or program participant level.

Here at Pacific Science Center I coordinate our camp programs.  Last
year we were looking at ways to bring children into our camps and KEEP
THEM!   There are so many places to visit on a Saturday, camp programs
to attend or things to do as a family, how do we ensure that our
families choose us?  Without breaking the bank, what can we do to
continuously engage them in the programs we offer and create a loyalty
and sense of belonging to our institution?

I would like to find three other panelists who have initiated programs,
events or practices to create and foster these personal relationships.
If you are interested please write back to me offline at
[log in to unmask]  In your email please share:

*	Your position/institution
*	The event, program or practice you would like to present on
*	The results: how did this impact your
staff/institution/participants?

Thanks!

Thank you,