ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Wageman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:55:16 -0800

I know that there are many science-technology centers around the world
bringing current science and technology to their visitors. I suspect that
some of you may know -- or be aware of -- innovators who are using
technology to benefit humanity. We need your help to find innovators who are
truly making a difference.

Once again, The Tech Museum of Innovation will be awarding $250,000 in cash
prizes to innovators from around the world who use technology to benefit
humanity in the categories of: Education, Equality, Environment, Economic
Development,
and Health. Each year, 25 Laureates are honored at a gala dinner, invited to
participate in press and media coverage, and introduced to a network of
influential advisors. At the dinner, on November 7, 2007 this year, one
Laureate in each category will be granted a $50,000 cash prize.

Reward those making a difference and nominate today. A simple nomination
form can be found at www.techawards.org. Self-nominations are accepted and
encouraged. Individuals, nonprofit organizations, and companies are all
eligible. Program details, including judging criteria, can be found at The
Tech Museum Awards website listed above.

We encourage you to forward this announcement to any contacts you have that
may be interested in nominating a candidate for this award. Thank you for
your support.

Susan B.F Wageman
Senior Director, Evaluation, Planning & Research
The Tech Museum of Innovation
201 S Market St              408-795-6119
San Jose, CA  95113  USA     fax 408-279-7167

Special thanks to Tech Museum Awards Partners & Sponsors
Applied Materials, Santa Clara University Center for