ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Nina Simon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:32:50 -0700

Dear museum colleagues,

Some of you have followed the growth of The Tech Virtual Museum
Workshop, in which we are inviting people from all over the world to
design exhibits for The Tech Museum of Innovation via the Web and
Second Life.  You may think we're nuts.  You may think it sounds
fabulous.  You (hopefully) have been waiting in the wings, eager to
try your own hand at such a process, curious about where to start.

On June 3, we will be opening the first "virtual to real" exhibition
at The Tech, featuring 8 exhibits that were designed via this virtual
process by bartenders in Toronto, accountants in England, game
designers in Australia, and more.  On June 4, we will be holding a
free summit, Digital Democracy in Exhibit Design, to engage the
museum community in a larger conversation about the role of
technology and open-source philosophy in collaborative exhibit
design.  You will be invited to tour the new exhibition, talk with
the outside creators and advisors to The Tech Virtual, and join in a
lively roundtable discussion about the future of exhibit design.

For more information about the schedule, participants, keynote, and
content, please visit http://thetechvirtual.org/news/june-4-summit-
invitation

The summit is free, but you must register by emailing
[log in to unmask]  Space will be filled on a first-come, first
served basis.  Please feel free to share this invitation with
colleagues and contact me if you have any questions.

Be well!
Nina

Nina Simon
Curator, The Tech Virtual