ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert Payo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:58:54 -0600

Hi Amber:   I use WebEx for our webinars and have used several platforms such as Elluminate, ReadyTalk for these programs and have had great success with WebEx.  It's very user friendly and people get how to use it pretty quickly.    File sharing is easy, video  can be a bit problematic, but that's pretty much where we are with any of these tools.    I recently heard of iMeet:   https://imeet.com/  and that looked very user friendly.

For keeping and documenting and collaborating on documents, PB works: http://pbworks.com/  is a nice platform.  With any of these things, whether it's that or Basecamp, Google pages, etc.  having a sense of how you want to organize things and making it easy for people to find them and how they will interact with the documents is really more important than the platform you use, in my opinion. Once you have a  sense of that, it may be easier to decide which one to used based on your needs.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your project, sounds interesting.

Kindest regards,
Robert