ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Anna Hurst Schmitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:18:15 -0700

The ASP's Family ASTRO materials are a series of complete, well-tested toolkits for astronomy-themed family workshops that involve both children and parents as active learners. Though intended for leaders of Family ASTRO events, you can find some suggestions that would apply to any family science night here:
http://www.astrosociety.org/education/family/about/ideas.html
with a more complete guide for download here:
http://www.astrosociety.org/education/family/about/FAhow-to.pdf

You can find out more about Family ASTRO and how to acquire the kits here:
http://www.astrosociety.org/education/family.html

Anna

Anna Hurst Schmitt
Astronomical Society of the Pacific