ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Shelly Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 01:15:47 +0000

Hello All:  I am Museum Studies graduate student in California, and am
currently working on a thesis addressing the role of advocacy in science
museums, with a focus on the issue of climate change.  To get an idea of how
many science museums in the United States are presenting climate change
material to their visitors, I would like to ask your help with a very short,
simple survey.  I know you are all very busy, but this will only take 2 or 3
minutes to answer:

1.  Does your institution presently have climate change information in some
form?  You can answer this very briefly by stating: exhibits, programs, web
site, floor demos, or however else it is presented.

2.  If your museum doesn’t currently have anything on climate change, but
would like to, what are the constraints?  This can also be answered briefly
with such words as:  lack of funding, too controversial, staff not informed
about the topic, etc.

I thank you in advance for your input.

For all the museums which have already responded so beautifully through
interviews, you do not need to do so again.  What you have given me already
is more than adequate and very much appreciated.

Shelly Ryan
Please respond to:  [log in to unmask]