ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Patricia Verheyden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 18:04:16 +0200

Hi

we use two type of tools to focuss school kids attention to a particular topic
-electronic rallies
-paper rallies
schools have to order them in advance and pay half a euro per kid.

Both the electronic and paper rallies offer 15 multiple choice questions around one theme, very close to the school curriculum. The answer can be found in a particular exhibit (this is indicated).
The main advantage of the electronic version are
-it looks much cooler for the kids
-the answers are automatically corrected
-the teacher gets feedback about each kids status during the rally

Feedback of teachers is very positive: almost all say they will re-use an electronic rally if they come again

Succes varies depending on the target group and subject.
Our electronic Technology Quotient rally is the most succesfull: more than 1/3 of the kids in the target group (11-12y) participate.

For the electronic rallies we provide material for the teachers to use afterwards in the class, but we do not know how many teachers use it.

best regards,

Patricia

Patricia Verheyden
Manager of exhibits
Technopolis, the Flemish Science Center
Host site ECSITE conference 2006
Technologielaan, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium
tel. + 32 15 34 20 20; fax + 32 15 34 20 10
mailto:[log in to unmask]     http://www.technopolis.be

The above-mentioned messages/text and annexes do not commit the F.T.I Foundation or Technopolis in any way, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing or unless afterwards confirmed in a letter, duly signed according to the legal requirements. Neither can the F.T.I  Foundation or Technopolis be hold liable in law on the basis of the content of these messages/text and annexes.