ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Erich Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2012 15:35:11 -0600

After all these years it still befuddles me how out of whack web site costs can be.  I would love to say "you get what you pay for" but I have seen great sites with good maintenance at low prices and high price sites with poor design and no upkeep.

I've seen quotes as low as a few hundred dollars to $90K!  The last one shocked the heck out of us.

Anybody looking for web design and hosting should do tons of research and make lots of reference calls.  And know what you want and need before you start so you don't end up paying for stuff you don't need and don't find yourself short of what you do.

And be very cautious with the idea of having the local college computer science class do it.  I've seen that one go both ways.

Erich Rose

Erich Rose Design
807 The Living End
Austin, TX 78746