ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kathryn Briggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:08:15 -0500

Paint the wall! Don't hang a screen!
We have a room called The Culture Studio. In front of a green screen we
invite visitors to join in traditional dances from different countries.
Traditional clothing is available to wear while dancing. Not only is there a
monitor facing the stage there is one facing out into the room so all your
friends can watch. This exhibit is a big hit and lots of fun. We used about
8' for the stage and another 6' to the camera lens. The technology is very
dependable however the enthusiasm of the visitors can really work on the
floor and wall. Hence the paint... easy to touch up and much cheaper than
replacing a screen.

Kathryn Briggs
Exploris
Raleigh, NC