ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Regan Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 07:55:12 +0100

****************

We're all pretty good at reaching families, school groups, and teens,
but how about people like me?  A young thirty-something, no kids, not
married, looking for something hip to do for the evening?

****************

And by all reports this is a growing demographic! As well as an aging
population, around a quarter of those who are in their thirties now will
never be parents (at least by UK estimates, I know the US has a higher
birth rate but the trend probably still holds). So if all our marketing
is family focused, there will be a huge chunk of people we will be
missing in the coming decades.

I reserve the right to want something 'hip' to do in the evening into my
forties and beyond :-)
Agree that art museums are ahead of science museums in this game, so far
at least.