ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John Bowditch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:36:28 -0500

Hi Reyes,

We have recently completed an exhibit on the way packets of information are sent over the internet.Our device uses no computers and demonstrates this with
35 mm diameter white and black balls, the ASCII code, and compressed air.

It's been a big hit.

We've also built an exhibit caled "In Code Mode" whioch is very popular as well and which allows visitors to play with sending coded messages. It's very simple and easy to build.

John Bowditch
Exhibits Director
Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum
220 East Ann Street