ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Emily Rhodes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:53:32 -0500

COSI is currently developing a free iPhone/iPod Touch application with a group called MobileXpeditions (MX).  MX is a startup in Columbus and the development of the app is funded through a local tech incubator.  The development period is only 90-days, so the first round will be a basic app that we could lay trails/threads on top of if we choose.

We have not seen a final product, but we've been happy with the story boards and prototypes we've seen so far.  I'd be happy to keep you posted on how things turn out.  If we are happy with the final product we will put it in the Apple App Store, but that remains to be seen.  Please just send me your contact info.

MX is particularly interested in developing scavenger hunt/challenge tours, and also having a way so that users are able to develop their own content.  You can find out more about them by signing up here: http://www.mobilexpeditions.com/ or I'd be happy to put you in touch with our partner.  MX is also interested in developing apps that can work on other smartphone platforms (Palm, Blackberry, Android) in the future.

Thanks for the great thread!  It's been helpful reading about everyone's experience.

Emily Rhodes, MBA
Business Strategist

COSI Columbus
614.629.3149
614.629.3150 (fax)
[log in to unmask] (e-mail)

Give the gift of COSI membership this holiday season and receive a $10 Max & Erma's gift card.
Visit www.cosi.org for membership details, special holiday hours, and unique family events.
Groupwise powered by Time Warner Cable Business Class