ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeff Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2011 14:06:16 +0000

Eric and Chuck,

Great posts.  We are finishing a judging process for student proposals for science exhibits, and so many good questions have come up from the judges.  One question a judge asked yesterday, 'is an ideal exhibit targeted for certain ages, say ages 4-12?'  My reply was some exhibits do appeal to distinct age groups, while others appeal to a wide age range, yet both can be defined as successful.

Something I've found interesting is that many people often associate the exhibits at science centers with this age range of 4-12.  For me, I never see it that way, science centers can appeal to a variety of age groups when it comes down to it.  Yet, the 'just for kids' and 4-12 age range is the perspective I get from most every conversation I have with an 'adult.'

--Jeff--