ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert Ketner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 11:36:11 -0800

Hi,
Invitation to those interested in interactives, technology, art, design,
culture - contribute to Expolab.

Citilab Barcelona (http://www.citilab.eu) has a unique new project called
Expolab.
This series of 2.5 meter square installations will explore how the internet
is changing
the way we 1. share memories, 2. connect, 3. travel through time and space,
4. work, and 5. experience safety.
Five of these interactive kiosks will be installed at Citlab mid 2010.

Contributors are invited to design 1 or more interactive stations on these
topics.
Each individual kiosk will focus on 1 of the above subtopics.  This is the
first module in the Expolab experiment.

Project page is at:
http://thetechvirtual.org/projects/expolab

Give the design brief (PDF) a read at:
http://thetechvirtual.org/projects/expolab/expolab-brief-3.pdf

The Tech Virtual is providing free prototyping and modeling space in Second
Life at
http://slurl.com/secondlife/The%20Tech%202/167/215/33
and you are also welcome to  upload plans, drawings, materials from any
tools you currently use as well.
At least 4 images (600px wide x 400px high) are recommended help us quickly
get your images onto blogs and our image gallery.

There's also a .pdf explaining more of the whole Expolab concept on the
project page http://thetechvirtual.org/projects/expolab
Based on their results at their kickoff meeting I think this will generate
some really interesting work.
I can also answer questions at [log in to unmask]

Expolab on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/expolab_citilab