ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tamara Schwarz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 2009 10:53:34 -0700

Thank you to those who already responded to this survey.  We hope to see
more responses in the 3 days remaining before the survey closes on Friday,
May 29. Please forward to colleagues who may be interested. Thank you for
your input!

Regards,
Tamara
---------------------

Dear colleagues,

Chabot Space & Science Center, in collaboration with the Institute for
Learning Innovation (ILI), is developing a new educational platform for
museums that will use Web 2.0 as a tool to integrate physical (exhibit) and
virtual (online) experiences to engage youth ages 8-14 in clean energy
solutions.

The project will explore questions around science museums' roles in building
extended visitor experiences that persist from museum to home; how we
attribute effects of online versus onsite museum learning; and how we assess
the impacts of these effects on knowledge and behavioral change surrounding
a topic of societal concern like clean energy.

We need your help! We are conducting a survey of science centers and museums
to help in the development of this project.  Please take a few minutes by
Friday, May 29 to complete the survey, which can be accessed at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=IDp2i5IxCufwNigg9GdDgA_3d_3d

As an incentive, for each survey response, we will donate $5 to 350.org, an
international campaign whose mission is to inspire the world to rise to the
challenge of the climate crisis--to create a new sense of urgency and of
possibility for our planet.

Thatıs a $5 donation for 5 minutes or less of your time.

We sincerely appreciate your time and input. Thank you!

--
Tamara Schwarz, Exhibitions Manager
Chabot Space & Science Center