ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Edith Piaf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 18:11:20 +0000

 I have a question here. Does CE and BCE not have the year zero?
I can r
ecall during the "millennium" celebrations arguing with some as to when t
he "millennium" truly strated. i said that because of the year zero, that
 2001 is the true start of the millennium and of course the 21st century,
 using BC and AD système of course.

> De: Chee-kuen YIP <ckyip@L
CSD.GOV.HK>
> A: [log in to unmask]
> Objet: Re: Science,
religion, BC, and AD
> Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:54:54 +0800

> <pre>I
SEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers

> Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related insti
tutions.
****************

> I am of the opinion that CE+BCE does not solve an
 arithematic dificiency of
> BC+AD, with the absence of the year 0.  It
takes me some time to learn how
> to calculate the number of years for e
vent passing through the boundary
> such as from 10BC to 25AD.  Can we h
ave a more scientifically appropriate
> proposal that we can use to make
 our public education easier?

> YIP, Chee-kuen
> Chief Curator
ong Kong Science Museum

> More information about the Informal Scie
nce Education Network and the
> Association of Science-Technology Center
s may be found at <a href=http://www.astc.org.>http://www.astc.org.</a>To
 remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the
> messag
e  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to
lsoft.com.

Protek-on: CaraMail met en oeuvre un nouveau Concept de Sécurité Globale - www.caramail.com