ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Laurie Carty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 11:10:59 -0400

I'm looking for thoughts/advice on creating a special council for prospects
with some capacity (though not at Board level) and a high level of interest
in participating in your science center.  My organization is brand new -
still being designed and planned.  We would like to find a way to engage
some of our prospects in our project - on the fundraising side for sure, but
we want to also have them feel involved and invested in the direction that
we are headed (outreach, exhibits, events, public campaign).

*	Anyone have a group like this?
*	What do you call them?  (we are trying to avoid the words "advisory"
or "campaign")
*	Has this been a successful way to engage donors?

Thanks for your input,

Laurie Carty

Laurie K. Carty

Development Associate

The Connecticut Center for Science & Exploration

50 Columbus Boulevard, Suite 500

Hartford, CT  06106

(860) 727-0457, ext. 110

 <http://www.ctcse.org/> www.ctcse.org