ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carey Tisdal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2011 13:33:30 -0500

Museum Studies Students,

Would you like to participate in a focus group about ExhibitFiles during
your trip for the American Association of Museum’s (AAM’s) Annual Meeting in
Houston? If so, please go to the following link to provide us with some
information about you and your availability:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7DW7CYV

ExhibitFiles is a community site for exhibit designers and developers funded
by the National Science Foundation. It was developed by Association of
Science-Technology Centers, Ideum, and a core group of users. It is open to
professionals who work in all types of museums.

By providing this information you will become part of a pool from which
focus group participants will be selected. You may also indicate you would
be willing to participate in online focus groups later in the evaluation. We
want to make certain the groups represent several museum studies programs
and a diverse group of individuals who are and are not familiar with this
social media website for exhibit designers and exhibition developers.  If
you are not familiar with the site, please know you are encouraged to send
in your information.

 The focus groups will be held on Monday, May 23 and Tuesday, May 24 in the
afternoon at Embassy Suites Hotels, 1515 Dallas Street, Houston, TX
77010-7137. It is a five minute walk from the Convention Center. A map is
available here to help you estimate time: http://tinyurl.com/6gjzn53.

I need your information by May 17 so I can confirm participation. Those
selected will be participating in the summative evaluation of ExhibitFiles.
This is a naturalistic-responsive evaluation study where issues and concerns
are identified among important stakeholders. Museum studies students are an
important group with a stake in the future of ExhibitFiles.

If you would like to ask questions or find out more, call or email me at the
phone number or email below.  If you are interested, please use the link to
send me your information today!

Best Regards,

Carey Tisdal

Director, Tisdal Consulting