ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Christine Castle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 12:02:47 -0500

February 4, 2008

Are you currently researching or evaluating any aspect of education or
interpretation in science centers?

MUSEUM EDUCATION MONITOR (MEM), the monthly e-newsletter, is compiling a
list of ongoing research and evaluation projects for our upcoming
February 2008 issue. We welcome listings by museum workers, faculty, and
students at all levels of higher education.

If you wish to share your research or evaluation with others around the
world, please send an e-mail to [log in to unmask] that includes:
- name of project
- question(s) [no more than 50 words, please]
- how the data will be presented
- principal researcher(s)/ evaluator(s)
- site(s) where research is being conducted
- time span
- contact information
- key words/labels to describe the project [no more than 4 or 5, please.
For possible labels from past listings, sign in to the MEM blog, "FORUM:
Research and Resources in Museum Education" at www.mccastle.com ]

All listings are free of charge and displayed in the language of origin.
Deadline for the February issue is Wednesday February 13.

FYI, the following research projects were listed in MEM, January 2008:

- Youth Services in French and Australian Libraries (AUS)

- Family Learning in Interactive Galleries - IMLS National Leadership
Grant (USA)

- Shared scientific sense-making and bilingual student advancement in
science: Linking family and school learning through informal learning
research (USA)

- Successful scaffolding strategies in urban museums: Research and
practice on mediated scientific conversations with families and museum
educators (USA)

- Building Pathways and Scaffolding Success: Advancing Latinas in Formal
Science through Informal Learning (USA)

- Culture Craft Saturdays: Engaging At-Risk Audiences (USA)

- Canadians and Their Pasts - CURA  (Community University Research
Alliance) (Canada)

A complimentary copy of this Museum Education Monitor, January 2008 is
available upon request to [log in to unmask] .

Please get in touch for more information about this call or to discuss
your research. I look forward to hearing from you!

M. Christine Castle, Editor, Museum Education Monitor
For more information about Museum Education Monitor or to subscribe see
http://www.mccastle.com

(Please excuse cross-postings. I try to extend the call as widely as
possible. Inevitably many of us are subscribed to several electronic
discussion lists related to museum education. For those who are, your
patience is appreciated. CC.}