ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carolyn Slivinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:56:35 -0500

Reading the thread so far about cloud chambers, it sounds as if the large,
"museum"-level cloud chambers are the ones people are talking about having
purchased or used.  Since the perception seems to be that they only educate
well when there is staff nearby to explain and create enthusiasm, has anyone
tried the small portable versions?  These are much, much cheaper, and can be
run for an hour on 1.5 liters of liquid nitrogen (according to the website
Ian Russell referred to).  Seems like it could be an interesting cart
activity.

Carolyn Slivinski
Education Dept.
Maryland Science Center