ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Denise LeBlanc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 12:25:47 -0400

About the scarcity of film canisters:
As science educators I think that one of our important roles is to
share activities with our visitors, schools, and teachers that they
can reproduce safely at home or in the classroom.

SO, if film canisters are getting scarce, we should use our ingenuity
and help find safe alternatives so that their explorations can
continue and be shared with others. When they do the activities it
should also include a discussion about what kinds of containers are
not safe to use and why. The reality is that although M&M containers
are a great alternative for now, their availability is also likely to
change.

Denise LeBlanc

Denise LeBlanc
Education Director