ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
mike katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:01:39 -0500

The Sciencenter has been trying to market our Its a Nano World exhibition for the
past year and it's been a real struggle. Both venues for summer 04 and fall 04
have pulled out due to loss of funding. And despite great reviews and lots of
interest, contracts are not being finalized for 2005 or 2006. What's going on?

Is it the size of the exhibition? The cost? The economy? Is this an industrywide
problem? Even in tough times, don't we need to keep rotating our exhibits?
This is a wonderful exhibition that I really don't want to put  into storage - it
should be out on a museum floor (it's at Innoventions at Epcot now).  I've sent
out brochures, emails, postcards and made phone calls offering discounts. Is there
anything else I can do?

Sorry if I sound frustrated. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Mike

    Michael Katz,  Director of Marketing and Development, Sciencenter
       Ithaca, N.Y.  (607)272-0600  Ext 18.  www.itsananoworld.org

               The Sciencenter mission is to inspire people of all ages and
               backgrounds to discover the excitement of science through
             programs and exhibits that promote learning through interaction.