ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rob Callahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 11:36:56 -0600

Hi Sheri,

We've done several of these exhibits over the years and have found that
you need to reinforce any model purchased.  The wiring of commercial
skeletons is not made for type of motion or constant motion.  The key to
making the skeletons last is to use the proper hardware to strengthen
the skeleton's moving parts and keep the moving parts (arms/legs)
properly aligned as they move with the pedals and handlebars.  Otherwise
they tend to jam or create a jerking motion and loosen the parts.   It
also helps to have a governor to control the speed.

Rob Callahan
Superior Exhibits