ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stephanie Nemcsok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2013 11:11:52 -0700

Hello fellow practitioners!

I'm working on proposing a panel session for ASTC that would delve into examples of failed projects that were turned into success stories. Please email me if you have a great "phoenix" project that you would be willing to delve into including:

 1.  How/why the project failed (including your criteria outlining why it was a failure)
 2.  How you managed perception/communication around the failed project
 3.  The methodology you underwent to regroup/reframe the project
 4.  How you managed the change with key stakeholders (including timelines, communication, engagement)
 5.  How you turned it into a success (including how you defined/qualified that success)

The second part of the session would support attendees through establishing criteria to reflect on their own project failures and evaluate how they could find the silver lining to turn it into a success. Our case study comes from programming, but I would love to include examples from exhibits, public relations, and other areas of practice. If you are keen to air your failures (and successes!) publicly (Who isn't??) and share lessons learned from your experience with the field, please email me! We have until end of business Monday (Nov. 18) to get this in!

All the best,

Stephanie Nemcsok | Public Programmer, Content

TELUS Spark, the new Science Centre

220 St. George's Drive NE
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2E 5T2

C.403.817.6878 | F.403.817.6901

SparkScience.ca<http://sparkscience.ca/>

Now playing at the HD Digital Dome Theatre, Flight of the Butterflies<http://sparkscience.ca/visit/movies-and-live-planetarium-shows/>! This inspiring movie follows the epic journey of the iconic Monarch butterfly on one of the most incredible migrations on Earth.

Get involved in this incredible, not-for-profit community resource by becoming a Member<http://sparkscience.ca/support/become-a-member/?fullSite=1>, volunteering<http://sparkscience.ca/support/volunteer/volunteer-opportunities/?fullSite=1> or donating<http://www.sparkscience.ca/support/support-2/?fullSite=1> today.

As a new kind of Science Centre for people of all ages, TELUS Spark’s vision is to foster a community transformed by a culture of curiosity, risk-taking and problem solving. Our mission is to be a role model and force for innovation that drives positive change. Charitable Number: 118781079 RR 0001.