ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert Payo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:50:46 -0600

Hi everyone:   I'm hoping you'll be able to join us for the last webinar in our series on inquiry.   This one features Wendy Ward Hoffer, author of Science as Thinking.  If you've read her book, she offers very practical, tangible advice that she'll touch upon in the webinar, things you can apply right away in your teaching.

DMNS Webinars
The Inquiry Shop:  Inquiry Conversations
November 15, 2011
4pm-5pm Mountain Time
Presenter: Wendy Ward Hoffer
How do scientists talk with one another? How can we support our students in sharing and discussing ideas as scientists? This webinar will explain the importance of discussion and discourse in supporting students' thinking and understanding of science concepts, and then offer practical strategies you can use to engage learners in inquiry conversations. Join Wendy Ward Hoffer, author of Science as Thinking (Heinemann, 2009) and director of education at the Denver-based Public Education and Business Coalition (PEBC), for the final installment of our Inquiry Shop series.

For more information:  http://www.dmns.org/teachers/professional-development/webinar/the-inquiry-shop
Registration is free and is required:  http://www.jotform.com/dmnstpd/inquiryconversations

Thanks,
Robert