ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carly DeBoice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2009 14:25:38 -0600

Katie -

I've been researching this on behalf of the science centre in Calgary.
Though I don't have any hard data for you, by youth, for youth is the way to
go.  If you plan it for them, it'll never be cool enough!

I was very inspired by the youth program at the Walker Art Museum:
http://teens.walkerart.org/

Carly

Carly DeBoice
Program Developer
New Science Centre 2011 Project
Tel: 403.268.8323
Cell: 403.371.5368

Explore Secrets of Circles and discover the many circles found in nature,
art, machines and in cultures around the world. At TELUS World of Science ­
Calgary until May 17, 2009.

2009 has been declared International Year of Astronomy. TELUS World of
Science ­ Calgary has partnered with the University of Calgaryıs Faculty of
Science and the Royal Astronomical Society of Canadaıs Calgary Chapter to
develop and deliver over 300 events thought the year. Be part of the
world-wide celebration! Visit www.astronomycalgary.com
<http://www.astronomycalgary.com> .

 Creativity, imagination and innovation need room to grow. Visit
www.newsciencecentre2011.ca <http://www.newsciencecentre2011.ca/> for the
latest news, images and videos about the New Science Centre 2011 Project.