ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Paul Orselli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:24:30 -0500

Hi Allan,

A recent children's art museum exhibition I designed and developed afforded
me the opportunity to use "direct to substrate" printing on pieces for
hand-on interactives and wall-mounted graphics.  I deliberately tried
different types and thicknesses of MDO, Sintra, Foamboard, and Gatorboard.

You can see images via my Flickr page: <
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_orselli_workshop/sets/72157607497981599/>

The short story is, I'm sold!  The quality is great and it holds up to many,
many hands.

In addition, there are more and more "green" substrate options available,
and overall, the entire "direct to substrate" process is greener than many
other printing options.

Of course, much of this depends on the printer you work with!

Feel free to contact me off-list if you have additional questions.

Paul Orselli, President and Chief Instigator

Paul Orselli Workshop (POW!)
1684 Victoria Street
Baldwin, NY  11510

FREE museum exhibit design resources:
<http://www.orselli.net>

(516) 223-1043  voice
(516) 238-2797  mobile

Exhibit tips, tricks, and news at the ExhibiTricks blog!
<http://blog.orselli.net>