ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Marilyn Hoyt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2013 15:20:23 -0500

This is so unfortunate.  Essentially, it drives use by those who want
answers, but will no long receive cheerful ongoing monitoring by all the
rest of us.  It is a far weaker service to the field as a result.
You know...this is the second time in 2 days I've run into this....making
things work for technology, but not for the end user.  (The other was "we
don't do an annual fund personal letter anymore, we only raise $ with
e-mail now.")
So, guess what....the carefully built constituencies fall away.  What a
pity.  We really are in a silly place with technology....it's supposed to
facilitate easy relationship-building, not undermine it.

--
*One of the most powerful ideas underlying science is that a small number
of simple laws guide the behavior of the natural world.  If this is true,

*Towards coherence in Science Instruction:  A Framework for Science
Literacy*
*Research Report Volume 8, October 2011, Michigan State University*

Marilyn Hoyt
110 Sixth Avenue
Pelham, NY 10803
914-815-0671