ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Pat Barthelow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:20:08 -0700

Good visuals on variable,  to very large amounts of money

http://www.xinjo.com/interesting/a-little-visual-perspective-on-the-87-billion-being-spent-on-iraq?eref=rss_full

Also, there was a good show on PBS last night, among other things, showing the Nation's largest coal mine operation and enumerating on the output of coal shipped, in terms of filled railroad cars/trains of coal/per hour/per minute, and a film of huge loaded coal car trains leaving  (24/7) and empties returning.

I think it was the Front Line Show, Titled "HEAT"

The numbers are staggering..If you can dig up the video and numbers, it will take your breath away.

All the best,   Pat Barthelow   AA6EG